A hundred Years ago, personalised gifts were quite common. Especially among family. This was because people didn’t have access to all the merchandise we do today. Many gifts were hand made specifically for the recipient. Today we don’t all have the ability to make gifts, but the sentiment of a personalised gift has never lost its appeal. In these days of mass production, there is value in seeing your name or a personal sentiment on a gift for you.
- It’s the Thought: A well-worn cliché, “It’s the thought that counts”. Everyone has heard this saying over and over, often as a joke. But it is also profoundly true? Do we really want the gift, especially if it is a token, or do we want to know that we have meaning and value to our friends and family? When we receive gifts, are we not analysing the statement the gift is making, more than the gift itself? And if you gone to the trouble of personalising the gift, this will be warmly appreciated.
- Great for Special Occasions: Personalisation is also good for marking special occasions. Many kinds of landmark events are wonderful opportunities for personalised gifts. Christmas ornaments become timeless keepsakes when they carry a date, a name, or an event. https://cmcgold.com.au/ is a good place to begin searching for personalised Christmas and baby shower gifts. Birthdays are another time when personalised gifts make all the difference, and as you know the recipient so well, you can choose something suitable.
- Personal Touch: The power of a personalised gift is in the root word person. Personalising means that gift was crafted in some way to be specific for one person only. Even though it might just be ink or an engraving, and nothing of value to anyone else. The personal touch elevates the gift into something with meaning.
- Symbolises a Relationship: A good, personalised gift, is not just a token with a name attached. It should be selected with care. Sometimes a photo says more than anything. A laser engraved wedding photo on a crystal, for a diamond anniversary, is an example of a personalised treasure. Once you begin looking at the possibilities you will see how specific you can make it. If you and a friend are planning a backpacking adventure together, this is a wonderful way to create lasting memories.
- Loving Reminders – It isn’t just the first time the recipient sees the gift that matters, indeed, every time they use it, they will remember who gave it to them, so your relationship will be treasured in many ways. As we get older, we place more importance in relationships and having personalised things around the house is a great reminder of the special people we have in our lives. If you are concerned about elderly family members, here is some Australian government information on caring for the elderly.
You could also just get out your woodworking tools and make some picture frames. Or you could learn how to sew and make some comforters or scarves. Those items will always be treasured. But do not discount the power of adding a name or sentiment to a well selected gift. There is power in the thought, and consideration. It says, you are part of my life, you matter, and I want you to be happy.
Leave a Reply